User PPP connection problems

David Banning david at skytracker.ca
Tue Sep 9 00:52:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:03:33AM +0100, Tadimeti Keshav wrote:
> Hi all,
> I a newbie here.
> I compiled the kernel with COM3 and COM4 enabled.
>
> I tried connecting to the internet but failed.
> I am pasting the relavant portion of /var/ppp/ppp.log.
> Please help!!
> Thanks in advance
> Keshav

I agree with Mark. It looks like your box is not seeing the modem.
You could try "cu -l cuaa0" for com1, cuaa0 for com2.
Then you can try some hayes command from the prompt.
Try "ATZ" (reset). "AT" to check OK response".
Then try "ATDT12345678" for dialing (the 12345678 is to be replaced
with a phone number.)

Once you have the right port and you are talking to your modem, then
we can look at the ppp.log again.