Soundblaster Live! on FreeBSD 4.8?

fireal at earthlink.net fireal at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 7 18:20:07 PDT 2003

Yes, I did add pcm to the kernel config, and I did make the device after in=
stalling and rebooting to the new kernel.  Like I said, I can see the card =
in dmesg, and kde even opens the volume control on the taskbar, but I can g=
et no sound.

My understanding is that SBLive cards are not supported, and if you get one=
 to work you're lucky.  Is this correct, or should they work with no proble=
m?  Is there anything I can try, or are there any resources to check?

Thanks,

Brian