CUPS, foomatic-rip, 4.8 RELEASE (was: How to get CUPS to work)

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 15:07:26 PDT 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 09:59 am, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> I hope the above information is useful to someone. It MAY NOT
> be 100% complete. I was very tired when I took the above notes.
> Please write me and let me know if you had to add anything or
> do anything different from the above. But Note: I do NOT want
> to know what you had to do to install foomatic-rip, hpijs, or
> any other printer-specific software properly. I'm only interested
> in cups configuration and setup info.

Ahem.  Sorry, I know you don't want to hear this question, but what did
you do to get the foomatic part working?  I placed it according to
linuxprinting.org, but I am thinking that maybe the FreeBSD port of
CUPS is looking for it elsewhere.  I will go through the process again
using the exact steps you outlined.  I think there are a few
directories that I did not create.  I'll let you know how this goes.

--
Todd Stephens