ATA command timeout

Ville Lundberg kelso at welho.com
Thu Sep 4 01:09:21 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Kay" <malcolm.kay at internode.on.net>
> I recall having the same or, from somewhat vague memory, similar problem
> some time ago. It was about the time when CD drives started being commonly
> installed as master on the secondary port instead of as a slave. At that
time
> moving the CD to slave fixed the problem.

I tried that too, and it didn't work, as I kind of expected :) Seems to me
that the cabling and physical stuff is ok, I suspect more a bug or
incomplete driver in FreeBSD. The CD-drive and rest of my hardware works
great, as I can prove when running Windows.
This kind of problems should not exist in modern operating systems, IMO. It
restricts my usage of my computer and is generally really annoying.
  --Ville

--
Ville Lundberg   ville.lundbergATwelho.com   http://www.hut.fi/~vlundber