Non working dvdrom drive.

Robert Froese froese at mtu.edu
Wed Sep 3 05:58:26 PDT 2003

I have the same problem with my FreeBSD 5.1-R system on an Intel 865 chipset
box.  I have two hard drives on one IDE channel and a CD-R/W and CD-ROM on
the other.  FreeBSD always recognizes the CD drive that is jumpered master
and throws the "Retries Exceeded" error for the slave, regardless of which
drive is master and which is slave.

I've just ignored this problem so far as it isn't mission-critical, but it
seems like a shared problem is a good one to solve.  Any advice from this
list would be heartily appreciated!

	...Robert

--
Robert Froese, RPF