Ports

Stefan Malte Schumacher s.schumacher at netcologne.de
Wed Sep 3 04:43:32 PDT 2003

Hello

I have a question concerning the ports : For my Base System I have decided
to stick with RELENG_5_1 as tag for my cvsup-supfile. Should there be any
problems if I use "." for the Ports-Collection ? I know what is the
difference between these tags when applied to the base system but what is
the difference when applied to the ports ?

And do I understand correctly that the state of my ports collection determines which
version of a program I get when I type "make" and not the development status of the software ?
(An Example would be : I have an old ports collection and built software version
0.13 from it. Now there is version 0.20 avaiable. Will "make" download and
build 0.13 or 0.20 ?)

Regards
Stefan Malte Schumacher