nForce2 problems - xl and snd_ich dod not work

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:17:25 PDT 2003

>I am having problems getting sound and networking with my A7N8X-Deluxe
>motherboard. This seems to be a common problem. I found a few posts which
>suggested using 'device xl' (3Com) in the kernel configuration file and
>adding snd_ich_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf to fix these problems. But I
>am still not able to get these to work. dmesg does shows several undetected
>devices. I am currently using FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE. Are there any other
>options that I can try out?

Hi;

It is possible something has changed since 4.7.
I have those working on my -stable system...

# for the 3com
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

# for the sound
device          pcm

I can send the whole kernel config if you need it.