Konqueror as sftp client

Robert Froese froese at mtu.edu
Tue Sep 2 13:31:41 PDT 2003

I've used Konqueror as a graphical sftp frontend in the past under GNU/Linux.
It doesn't work on my FreeBSD 5.1 system.  For example, if I type

ftp://rfroese@taganov.com

It works fine.  If I type

sftp://rfroese@taganov.com

I get a dialogue box that says "Error encountered while talking to ssh."  When
I dismiss the dialogue, Konqueror displays the text:

"An error occured while loading sftp://rfroese@taganov.com:
Could not connect to host localhost"

Interestingly, http://localhost/ works just fine but sftp://localhost/ does
not, and throws the same errors.  This suggests to me that the problem is
with how ssh and Konqueror conspire to act as a gui sftp client.

Ideas?  Advice would be greatly appreciated!

	...Robert

--
Robert Froese, RPF
Assistant Professor, Forest Biometrics