CUPS, foomatic-rip, 4.8 RELEASE (was: How to get CUPS to work)

Todd Stephens tbstep at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 1 14:47:43 PDT 2003

I have been trying to get this setup to work as it does on my Linux box.
Has anyone gotten CUPS working using the foomatic-rip/gimp-print method
outlined on Linuxprinting.org?  I have an Epson Stylus C82 at
/dev/lpt0.

Everything seems to working properly with CUPS now; I have the CUPS
scheduler running, the printer is configured, but when I go to print
anything, I get the following message:
#lp -d EpsonC82 /etc/motd
request id is EpsonC82-4 (1 file(s))

Then nothing ever prints.  I think CUPS is configured properly or I
would not have gotten that far, but maybe GS or gimp-print is not.

Todd Stephens