Ugly Huge BSD Monster

Denis Troshin weiv at mail.ru
Mon Sep 1 04:40:28 PDT 2003

Almost  every  package  I  install requires a few other packages. This
'idea   of   using   dependent  packages'  turns  FreeBSD  (and  other
unix-systems) to an ugly monster.

For  example, I don't need Perl or Python but a few packages I install
require them.

Does exist a programming under unix without these dependencies?

P.S.  Under Windows it is possible to write not bad applications which
depend  just  on  libraries (KERNEL32, USER32, GDI32).  And these libs
exist on every base system!!!

Is it possible in unix?

Before I thought that unix programs very compact, but they are huge!