Video crash leaving X in 4.9-RELEASE

Chris Readle patterner at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:35:41 PST 2003

Has anyone else seen this?

I've got an issue where my video goes totally fubar on me, that is to say
becomes entirely scrambled when leaving X after upgrading to 4.9.  This
happens with both KDE and WindowMaker.

The really funny thing is, is that the X server seems to exit normally,
with nothing in the log (that I can recall) and when I ssh in from another
computer the only thing running on the other tty is bash.

I'm running a GeForce FX5900 Ultra using the nvidia driver.  Has anyone
seen this one?

chris

P.S. I'd put up uname and all the log info, but my friggin IP changed and
I can't ssh into my system from here to get it.  If needed, I will put
them up this evening.