Just curious, how large is FreeBSD?

Ed ed at braatens.org
Thu Oct 30 22:14:44 PST 2003

Keith,

Congrats on your new OS!

Did you know that you can press "Alt-F2" to see some debug output
during the install?  "Alt-F2" changes to the second of the
virtual consoles, "Alt-F1" gets you back to the first console, "Alt-F3"
to the third, etc.  I tried this once on the install of an earlier release of
FreeBSD (4.x) that was "hanging" as you described, and it turned out that one
of the ports I was trying to install had brought everything to a halt
waiting from some user input...   When I switched to the virtual terminal
where it was waiting for this input and gave it the answer it was looking
for the install continued without any more "hangs".  If you are simply
running out of disk space, the debug output or the installer should be
telling you "out-of-disk-space" error messages.

Am 30.10.2003 um 15:20:46 -0600, hat Keith.Fortenbach at mail.uh.edu geschrieben:

--
Ed Braaten
http://braatens.org/ed/