stop upgrade - keep your mind safe

kitsune kitsune at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 21:13:34 PST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 02:53:29 +0100
".VWV." <victorvittorivonwiktow at interfree.it> wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> Are you sure you really need continuous upgrading your operating system,
> until the end of your life?

More features and the occasional speed boost :) I noticed a nice bit of a
performance dif between 4.4 and 4.7. I found the extra features, stability, and
ect to be nice. A little after that I upgraded hardware, older hardware started
having very limited expandability,  and started tracking stable and have
absolutly loved it. I have really noticed a big dif with some of the changes
that have been made since 4.7.

> I'm happy running an 'obsolete' 4.6.2, nobody will move me from it.
> Upgrading makes happy only the hardware vendors.

I have found upgrade hardware makes me happy too :)   I personally would love to
have a box with a few gigs of ram to use as a cache. More HDD space is all ways
useful to me. Yeah, cd/dvd works for back up, but it is annoying for easy to
access archival purposes. Better networking is nice to. I personally want move
parts of my system to a mesh topology using firewire400.