Compaq Smart Controller Support

Suspect pr0ject at reject.org
Thu Oct 30 12:30:57 PST 2003

I am attempting to install 4.8 or 4.9-RELEASE on a Compaq proliant
8000R which uses a Smart Array 3100ES Controller.

When going through the visual kernel config, I notice that there is
no driver support for said card. When I allow FreeBSD to just use
any and every driver available, it won't detect the 3 SCSI drives
I have in the system.

Does the installation process read the device listing from the GENERIC
kernel file? Or does it build support as it probes?

Can this device be added using the CLI? If so, how?

Thanks!

pr0j

--
"Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up
together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate