when I invoke startx, it seems to 'freeze' for a minute or so,then starts

Brunoc at quipo.it brunoc at quipo.it
Thu Oct 30 03:28:44 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brunoc at quipo.it" <brunoc at quipo.it>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Cc: <freebsd-newbies at freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 12:20 PM
Subject: when I invoke startx, it seems to 'freeze' for a minute or so,then starts

Hi,

I just installed a port (fluxconf).That port installed Xfree86 Libraries 4.3.0.
Since then,when I invoke startx, it seems to 'freeze' for a minute or so,
then it starts the window manager.
I include the output of 'uname -a' and
the brief trace of startx execution for the problem,also reported inside the trace (read it).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
BRUNO

root# uname -a
FreeBSD ciao.singles.it 4.9-RC FreeBSD 4.9-RC #0: Wed Oct 15 00:12:26 CEST 2003     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CURRENT_WINE  i386

root# startx
+ whoseargs=client
+ listen_tcp=-nolisten tcp
+ [ x != x ]
+ [ x = x ]
+ [ x = x ]
+ client=/root/.xinitrc
+ [ x = x ]
+ [ x = x -a x = x ]
+ server=
+ [ x = x ]
+ XAUTHORITY=/root/.Xauthority
+ export XAUTHORITY
+ removelist=
+ uname
+ hostname
+ hostname=ciao.singles.it
+ authdisplay=:0
+ dd if=/dev/urandom bs=16 count=1
+ hexdump -e "%08x"
+ mcookie=631d8300f8a5a21b3903a5cbcd2778c2
+ xauth list :0
+ grep :0
+ xauth list ciao.singles.it:0
+ grep ciao.singles.it:0
[THE PROBLEM:it seems to 'freeze' for a minute or so then...]
[finally the windows are showed]
[exit window manager]
.
.
['waiting for X server to shut down']
.
.
+ [ ciao.singles.it:0  != x ]
+ xauth remove ciao.singles.it:0
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "ciao.singles.it:0" in "remove" command

---
[Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude Virus]
[Quipo ISP - This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]