Problems with 'make world' stuff

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Tue Oct 28 14:13:43 PST 2003

Once I had my sources updated, I did the following:

I booted into single mode:

cd /usr/src
make buildworld

cd /usr/src
make buildkernel
make installkernel

I rebooted to test the kernel and that is where I ran into trouble. I did
not type make installworld as suggested in the handbook. It said to test
the kernel first.

I was told I did not have to run mergemaster since this was a brand new
install of 4.8. Is that incorrect?

I appreciate your help.

Jason