Strange burncd error

Scott Gerhardt scott at g-it.ca
Tue Oct 28 13:22:16 PST 2003

I have been using mkisofs and burncd for some time now on 4.7-RELEASE
with no problems.  I recently upgraded the same hardware to 4.8-RELEASE
(complete re-install) and now I notice that a backup script which
creates CD's of system tarballs now returns the following error on
completion:

----
acd0: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00 error-0x00

only wrote -1 of 16384 bytes err=5
----

It appears like the file (single 481 MB tarball) is written to CD.

What could this error mean?  Is there a new feature/bug in burncd?

Thanks,

--
Scott A. Gerhardt, P.Geo.
Gerhardt Information Technologies