PostFix error

whizkid at ValueDJ.com whizkid at ValueDJ.com
Tue Oct 28 12:51:11 PST 2003

> You forgot to disable the log generation in the daily periodic(8)
> script.  There are some other daily operations you should probably
> disable, too.  Try:
>     daily_clean_hoststat_enable="NO"
>     daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"
>     daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"
>     daily_submit_queuerun="NO"
> [in periodic.conf(5), of course]

I see a periodic folder off of /etc but no periodic.conf file.  Should I
just create one with the above settings?  Also it seems that there are
only 2 errors, not 4.

Ahhh I see the error now....  In the periodic folder, under daily there is
a script called 150.clean-hoststat

this file contains the following lines:

if [ -z "$(sendmail -bh 2>&1)" ]; then
	    rc=2
	else
	    echo ""
	    echo "Removing stale entries from sendmail host status cache:"
	    rc=0
	    sendmail -bH || rc=1

this is the source of the bh errors.  I will disable this command and see
if I get any more errors.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Is there a way to do this is PostFix or is this done automatically?