PostgreSQL on FreeBSD

Wayne Pascoe freebsd-questions at penguinpowered.org
Tue Oct 28 00:31:03 PST 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 04:04:28PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> >                                                Why does setting them in
> > /etc/sysctl.conf or /etc/loader.conf not work ?
>
> You're doing something wrong.  That's all I can say when the
> description of the failure is just "not work".

Allow me to expand on that then... I put the options in /etc/sysctl.conf
as follows:
kern.ipc.somaxconn=512
kern.ipc.shmmax=268435456
kern.ipc.shmall=65536
kern.ipc.shmmni=128
kern.ipc.semmns=256

When I reboot, sysctl -a | grep kern.ipc.semmns returns
kern.ipc.semmns: 60

--
Wayne Pascoe
The time for action is passed. Now is the