Problem/Question on Second NIC/SMC Gigabit SMC9452TX with 5.1 CURRENT

Scott W wegster at mindcore.net
Mon Oct 27 21:34:06 PST 2003

Hey all- if anyone could point me in the right direction here, I'd
appreciate it.
System:
Asus BP6
Dual Celeron 366
768M ECC RAM
1st NIC (fxp0) in at time of install- Intel Pro/100

I'm trying to add an SMC gigabit enthernet NIC, model 9452TX into the
system.
Running a current snapshot from within the past few days, recompiled SMP
kernel with 'sn' support (SMC 9XXX) cards.
I ran /stand/sysinstall, let it re-probe
devices/Configure/Networking/Interfaces, but neither it nor dmesg output
seems to see the
new card.

I'm done the normal searching on the subject, but don't seem to be
getting anywhere here- can anyone point me to documentation on how to
get this NIC recognized and configured?

Thanks,

Scott