Wireless (802.11) question

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Oct 27 12:32:01 PST 2003

I'm about to embark on a wireless experiemnt, having never dealt with this
technology before.

So, I've got a failry basic question. My plan was to put a wireless card in
a machine running FreeBSD, and use this machine as a gateway from an
existing network to a new subnet that would only exist in the wireless
world.

Some people are telling me that I can't do that. They are saying I need an
"access point" device for all the various devices to communicate to.

Am I on the wrong track here?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin