RCS question

Ryan Thompson ryan at sasknow.com
Sun Oct 26 20:46:13 PST 2003

and Scott W <wegster at mindcore.net> writes:

> PS- Remember to always at least do a co <filename> after initial
> checkin, as ci <file> without other params creates the RCS/delta file,
> but will not leave the original filename in place...

To both of you, ci -l is your friend.

-l[rev]

      works like -r, except it performs an additional  co -l  for  the
      deposited revision.  Thus, the deposited revision is immediately
      checked out again and locked.  This is useful for saving a revi-
      sion  although  one  wants  to  continue  editing  it  after the
      checkin.

Saves a bit of typing. ;-)

- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan at sasknow.com>

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-244-7037   Saskatoon