ssh keys - howto?

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Sun Oct 26 08:41:53 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 05:18, Jan Grant wrote:
> No, you don't. Use puttygen to create the key (as you've done) and copy
> the public half of it to your FreeBSD box (as you've done).

I was reasonable sure that I created my keys on BSD and converted the
public key to Putty using an import function.

However, looking at my version pf Putty Key Gen (0.53b) I do the option
to create keys and export them into OpenSSH format.

I guess the correct answer is: Whatever floats your boat. Create the
keys where you want, just make sure you convert the public key to the
format your box needs.

Cheers,
Frank