Website up, then down, then up, etc.

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Oct 24 20:37:30 PDT 2003

> Hi Charles,
>
> --On Friday, October 24, 2003 08:40:09 PM -0500 Charles Howse
> <chowse at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Strange....
> > Looking at the header from your email, you came from:
> mygirlfriday.info
> > That resolves to 65.64.145.209
>
> The above is the address of my remote mail/DNS server. My
> static IP that I
> connected to your port 80 is reflected at 65.41.216.204
>
> > I see no record of that in /var/log/httpd-access.log.
> > Could you please confirm the IP address, and convert the time you
> > connected to UTC?
>
> I do not remember what time it was, but it will be in your
> logs. If not, I
> will log on again.
>
> Both of your questions were available in the email headers
> from the email
> originally sent to you. Both of my IP addresses were in the
> headers, as
> well as the time.

Thanks for that clarification.
I do indeed see you in the logfile at 19:31.
Now I'm getting spooked!  Could I be blocked from my own site?
I've been portscanning it a few times, moving it inside and outside the
firewall.
I don't have anything installed that would block an IP from using port
80.
It's down now at 10:34 CDT, moving it outside the firewall didn't help.
Sheeeeesh....what's going on?