Samba and ADS Support PLEASE...

Matt Edwards matthewedwards at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 10:31:08 PDT 2003

Ok here is what I have done thus far:

1) After I recieved Joerg's files and installed them I moved the gssapi.org
file back to it's original location: /usr/include/gssapi.h
2) ran make clean twice in /usr/ports/samba-devel directory
3) I did not build krb5 with ldap so I went back to
/usr/ports/security/krb5/ and ran: make deinstall, then I ran make clean
twice followed by: make WITH_LDAP=yes
then after a succesfull build I ran: make WITH_LDAP=yes install
4) I went back to /usr/ports/net/samba-devel and ran: make
KRB5_HOME=/usr/local WITH_ADS=yes WITH_LDAP=yes
5) I have verified that the file /usr/lib/libkrb5.so exists

So far the make does not complete it still stops in the location here:

>  checking for memory keytab support...yes
>  configure: error: libkrb5 is needed for Active Directory Support
>  (report problem instructions)
>  *** Error Code 1
>  Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba-devel

I am totally open to trying anything at all to get this to work.  Please let
me know if I can make any other changes.  I can also post my config.log file
if that may help.

Matt