Trying to see website from the Internet

Micke P mickep3 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 08:21:58 PDT 2003

hi,

In order to eliminate the router as a cause, I made a
direct connection from the DSL to the computer (no
router). But I wasn't able to reach the DSL modem page
from my FreeBSD box. So I installed Apache on my
Windows box and ran the line to it. I am able to see
the running website from the ISP-assigned LAN in this
case, but still not able to reach it from the
ISP-assigned dynamic IP. This leads me to believe that
the problem has nothing specific to do with settings
on the FreeBSD box or the router.

The Windows box has no firewall, so there's no issue
of blocked ports, I guess. I keep thinking it's the
ISP, since I don't really understand how requests
could / or could not go from the dynamic IP to the
ISP-assigned LAN IP without their router or whatever.

Micke