SSHD Host Based Authentication NOT working

Gene Mats genemats at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 22 19:03:24 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am having a problem with activating SSHD Host Based Authentication on
my
FreeBSD OS. Below is my /etc/ssh/sshd_config file.

HostbasedAuthentication yes
PermitRootLogin no
VerifyReverseMapping yes
IgnoreRhosts yes
IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes

My /etc/hosts.equiv and /etc/shosts.equiv have a few specific hostnames.
But
it seems I can still connect from any host -(.

How can I block ALL hosts access to my SSHD. I tried putting in a minus
minus in the /etc/hosts.equiv and /etc/shosts.equiv and I have the
HostbasedAuthentication setting turned to up to yes. Still no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Gene Mats