natd question

Michelle tristan11 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 22 10:33:32 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 05:31 PM,
gihl at i-am-gil-agno-virtucio.ph wrote:

> have you tried this reading this?
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-
> natd.html
>
> dont forget to set the gateway IP address of your network clients to
> the IP address of your FreeBSD nat server.

yes.  i've read the freebsd unleashed book, the freebsd.org docs, the
man pages, as well as a freebsddiary.com article on setting up a nat
server.  the server is using freebsd 4.6.2 with nat and ipfw.  i am
working with a security engineer who set up our ipfw rules.  i had him
double check the rules and double check my nat configuration.  he could
not find any problems.  when on the subnet, i am able to ping the
linksys router which is connected to our dsl modem, but can't seem to
get packets beyond the router. is there any way to test that the
packets are actually being translated?