nsmbrc documentation

Matthew Bettinger mbettinger at championelevators.com
Wed Oct 22 09:59:43 PDT 2003

Hello,

Can someone shed some light on how to use .nsmbrc to automount
windows shares for a regular user?

Apparantly there is supposed to be a man (5) page but I can't find
it.  I do see the example in /usr/local/share/examples/smbfs.

Anyway, is it possible to have a normal user mount the windows
shares in their ~/.nsmbrc file without having root access or am I
going to have to use sudo without authentication for the mount_smbfs
command?

Also, is there a way to test a global nsmb.conf file without
rebooting the server?

My last questions is: Where do I put the global file?
/usr/local/etc or /etc ?  I'm pretty sure I saw something in a bugs
list where  it was supposed to be put in /etc and not
/usr/local/etc.  Since I don't know of a way to test my
global file short of a reboot I really can't verify this.

Thanks!

Matthew Bettinger
System Administrator
Champion Elevators, Inc