4.8-RELEASE: Gigabit Ethernet support on Dell PowerEdge 1750

Andrew Cleland ajc219 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 09:04:40 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I'm trying and failing to get 4.8-RELEASE to recognise the two Broadcom
5704C based NICs on a Dell PowerEdge 1750 server.

I've recompiled the kernel with 'device miibus' and 'device bge' with no
problems, and the system boots OK, but the two NICs appear as
unrecognised devices when booting, and no sign of them appearing as
network interfaces...

>From googling around it looks like they work fine with 5.1, but I don't
really want to run 5.1 on a production server yet.

Any ideas?

AC.

--
Andrew Cleland.