Best way to cleanly uninstall packages?

Chris Richards chrisric at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 21 19:56:01 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I have installed 2 packages which inturn installed a bunch of
dependencies... They are "imageindex-1.0.6" and "gallery-1.4.0.1" I was
seeing which one I like best - now I have decided I want to keep gallery
and uninstall imageindex.

What is the cleanest way to do this? I have noticed that they both have
common dependencies so I can't just use the "pkg_delete -r" option - I
am sure this is a common problem and there is probably an easy way to
uninstall all dependencies for imageindex except for the ones that are
needed for gallery.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Chris