Regarding spam

Gary gv-list-freebsdquestions at mygirlfriday.info
Tue Oct 21 19:10:48 PDT 2003

Hi Jason,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:44:13 -0700 GMT (10/21/2003, 8:44 AM +0500 GMT my
time), jason dictos wrote:

j>    I run my own mailsever, and I just wanna know its possible for someone to
j> send an email to my mail box, but yet have no one specified in the TO or CC
j> fields. I guess those fields are probably optional, but how can I adjust my
j> mailserver to reject messages sent to someones mailbox without their name
j> being in the TO or CC fields?

If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind specifying just the basics,
like what MTA you are using?  A null sender is authorized by the RFCs and
this is for bounces. We need a lot more info. Do you run / use DNS, do you
have a backup MX, etc..

j> P.S. My mailserver is a CLOSED relay.

As it should be, and how do you know?

--
Gary

A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all.