Help with NV driver

Jason Dictos jason.dictos at tapeware.com
Mon Oct 20 20:33:28 PDT 2003

    Hi,

        I'm having difficulty getting the nv driver to work properly on
my FreeBSD 5.1 box. Recently, the nvidia driver started causing my
kernel to crash consistently, so I decided to move to the non-glx
enabled NV driver. Whenever that driver starts using the SAME config as
the one used for the nvidia driver, the screen goes blank with
"unsupported resolution" but you can hear the gui initializing in the
background. I'm using the DVI port on the Geforce (it has dual DVI),
and I know for a fact that the horizontal and vertical refresh rates are
to the spec (74.9, 59.9 respectively).

-Jason