thunderbird 0.3 wont compile

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Mon Oct 20 18:36:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 18:59, Alin-Adrian Anton wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using FBSD-4.8 STABLE with ports upgraded to the latest as I am
> writing. I compiled firebird 0.7 with no problem, thunderbird 0.2 is
> installed, but I can't upgrade it to 0.3 because:
> ../../../dist/include/string/nsBufferHandle.h:388: See
> <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
> gmake[4]: *** [nsDocumentEncoder.o] Error 1
> gmake[4]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/mail/mozilla-thunderbird/work/mozilla/content/base/src'
> gmake[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/mail/mozilla-thunderbird/work/mozilla/content/base'
> gmake[2]: *** [libs] Error 2
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/mail/mozilla-thunderbird/work/mozilla/content'
> gmake[1]: *** [tier_9] Error 2
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/mail/mozilla-thunderbird/work/mozilla'
> gmake: *** [default] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mozilla-thunderbird.
>
> Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Not enough information to go on here, but I bet you're using
non-standard CFLAGS.  Try reducing your optimization level, and try the
build again.  Alternatively, if this is a P4, you may be experiencing
data corruption caused by an active PSE instruction.  This was fixed in
4.9-RC.  It could also be bad hardware.

Joe