I upgraded from CVSup: did I get a -stable branch ?

Chris Readle patterner at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:05:14 PDT 2003

--- "Brunoc at quipo.it" <brunoc at quipo.it> wrote:
> FreeBSD ciao.singles.it 4.9-RC FreeBSD 4.9-RC #0: Wed Oct 15 00:12:26
> CEST 2003     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CURRENT_WINE  i386
>
> I have two questions:
> 1)looking at the output of 'uname', is this a STABLE version of FreeBSD
> (as I would expect) ?

Yes this is the -STABLE branch.  It just happens that at the present
moment 4.9-STABLE is a release candidate, which is why you see 4.9-RC.
Once it's released then it will be 4.9-RELEASE and they'll increment
-STABLE to 4.9.1 (or would it go to 4.10?).

> 2)if I wanted, for example, 4.5 stable, or instead 4.3 stable, which
> options should I put in the supfile ?

Change the "default release" line in the sup file from:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4

to:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_5
or:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_3

respectively.  Those tags will also get any future security updates to
either of those versions as well.

> Thank you very much.
> Bruno

You are quite welcome,