Sent and Email but did'nt get my copy

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 00:51:33 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 02:52:03AM +0900, Rommel B. IKEDA wrote:

> Almost an hour or so ago...I sent an Email to
> freebsd-questions.org...asking for advice...BUT, I did not get my copy...
>
> I was just wondering where did it go...
> I did check if I am still a subscriber to this list and I am still...
>
> Since, I read somewhere, I was not suppose to send my Emails twice...I
> am now sending this Email just to check...
>
> Sorry for wasting your time...I did not mean to...just worried...

Since the switch to mailman as the list management software it has
been possible to opt not to receive your own posts to any lists.
That's not the default as far as I know.  It's also possible that your
message may have got held up in the workings of the FreeBSD mail
system: it seems that this morning a number of such apparently lost
messages have suddenly turned up in the lists.  In any case, if you go

    http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/options/freebsd-questions

you'll be able to log in and check your settings.  You can also check
the list archives at the same site:

    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/

to see if your message made it to the list, so long as you wait 24h
after posting.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way