how can i browse network using gnome as ordinary user...?

carmoda freebsd.org at carmoda.com
Sun Oct 19 22:48:56 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am still getting used to using my freeBSD 5.1 machine as a
workstation.  have been getting frustrated with prolems surrounding the
limited permissions my ordinary account has. In particular I cannot
browse my local servers while logged in as my ordinary user account, but
I can as 'root'.

is there some way i could hack something somewhere to enable my ordinary
account so as it can see the other machines [samba etc] ?

Please 'CC' me as i'm on digest mode.