Virtual Console Keyboard Layout

Rommel B. IKEDA r_ikeda at oisca.org
Sun Oct 19 18:44:02 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I have been using FreeBSD 4.9 for almost a month now, and I have to
admit that I am presently in a very slow process in learning everything
that I should be in using my new OS...

I have been reading some articles, on UNIX in the internet...and it is
only now that I have discovered the power of Virtual Console(s)...

I am using an IBM R40e Thinkpad...which has a Japanese Keyboard
layout...I have configured my keyboard layout to 105 when using X
Windows System...No problems encountered yet...

My problem is that when I switch to another virtual console...my
keyboard layout is no longer 105 International...

My shell is the default Bourne Shell...can anyone help or give me advice
on where to search in the man pages about setting my virtual console
keyboard layout to 105...

Any help and advices are really needed...
Thank you in advance...

Rommel B. Ikeda