Deleting dirs to save space.

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sun Oct 19 18:32:07 PDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 11:06:11PM -0400, Dragoncrest wrote:
> 	Got a server I'm trying to reclaim some space on and I was looking
> 	for some input.
>
> 	I've nuked the ports tree and /usr/src, but it's still not enough.
> 	I'm looking at deleting /usr/obj/usr/src to gain another 400 megs, but I'm
> unsure if it's safe to do so.  Can I do it or should I just leave it alone?

You can safely delete everything under /usr/obj/
The files there are created by a 'make buildworld'/'make buildkernel'
and are only used for updating the system.
Once a 'make installworld'/'make installkernel' is finished /usr/obj/*
can be deleted.
If you haven't a /usr/src around there is absolutely no reason to have
/usr/obj around.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson