CVSup supfile<src-all> question

Alden Louis-Pierre alden.pierre at verizon.net
Sun Oct 19 10:10:15 PDT 2003

    I just finished reading the Handbook for CVSup.  It appears to be a
very simple process.  I'm currently running
FreeBSD 4.8 and from my understanding you can keep your sources up to
date via CVSup.  Does this
mean if I were to do a fresh install of FreeBSD 4.8 and then CVSup my
source all known security issues would
be resolved for the particular FreeBSD I'm running?  Would the following
supfile update all of my sources for
FreeBSD 4.8?

   *default tag=RELENG_4_8
   *default host cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
   *default prefix=/usr
   *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
   *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
     src-all

       I currently update all known security issues via patch <
/path/to/patch method and following the instructions for each security
advisor.

Thank You
Alden Louis-Pierre