Dialup firewalling with FreeBSD

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sat Oct 18 06:49:16 PDT 2003

Readers of this list do not have ESP to read your mind, so you have
to post details of your problem when asking for help.

What version of FBSD are you running? What kind of dial out modem?
Where you able to get connected to internet before activating IPFW?
IPFW will not work if your modem is not found at boot time.
Is your modem an winmodem? Post these files  ppp.log   ppp.conf
rc.conf   dmesg.boot

If you are using FBSD 5.x version  reinstall with 4.8 or 4.9 these
are the supported production versions. The 5.x versions is for
people who develop code changes to FBSD and is not intended for the
general user like you.