Using poptop....

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Fri Oct 17 09:11:56 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Hatfield" <subscriber at insignia.com>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 10:00 AM
Subject: Using poptop....

> If anyone can give me a recipe for setting up poptop
> I'd be very grateful. I want to run it on a machine which
> is a gateway/firewall. One NIC has a public address and the other
> is on a private network, ie 192.168.1.x. I want to allow XP
> clients to connect into the private network.
>
> I found the man pages a bit terse(!) and they seem to assume
> that kernel ppp will be used whereas AIUI the port is built to
> use userland ppp.
>
> I would use mpd but it has problems with XP clients.

What type of problems are you seeing with MPD (Netgraph variety) and WinXP?
That's my VPN terminator software and all of my remote XP systems seem to
have no problems with it.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.