Weird usb keyboard problem

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 19:51:41 PDT 2003

Jason,
Check the batteries. Seriously. I have a Logitech USB wireless
keyboard/mouse on my system as well, and I had the same problem. It
slowly got worse, until I changed the batteries in the keyboard.

If that doesn't solve it, then perhaps there is some RF interference?

If you are seeing any keypresses at all, then more than likely it is an
RF issue, not a driver issue.

Regards,
Seth Henry

---

Hi All,

 I have a logitech wireless keyboard, plugged into the onboard usb on my
Tyan
dual pIII motherboard running a Via chipset. Whenever I use the keyboard
and
type at a normal rate, it seems like the usb driver or whatever detects
more
ekeys then I've pressed.

Here is san example of fwhat thappens when nI tytpe at ta normal r ate
on nmy
u sb k eybobard with hFreeBSD 5.1.

How can I debug this?? When I use a PS/2 keyboard, the problem does not
occur.
Needless to say it is very annoying to type slowly constantly.

Any help would be appreciated!!