free (or cheap) smtp server accounts?

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Wed Oct 15 14:31:12 PDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 04:24:31PM -0400, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I'm having a lot of problems with my ISP smtp server and I decided to find a smtp service but for what I see it is rare to find one. You can find a lot of pop3 services but few smtp ones.
>
> I found one "smtp.com" but it is a little expensive for me.
>
> Does anyone knows any?

Google for "unix shell accounts."  I can't vouch for the reliability as
I've never tried them but they range from free to cheap and some offer
email accounts.  Check with a local *nix/BSD user group.  They often
offer mail accounts.
Kent

--
"I am always doing that which I can not do,
   in order that I may learn how to do it." --Pablo Picasso