diskless/pxe booting problem...

Dave O dso at mssystems.com
Tue Oct 14 15:20:41 PDT 2003

Wes Zuber wrote:
> Ah, ok I don't think you can just copy /etc/ straight over without
> changing a couple of things. We have our setup working but as I recall
> there were many details. We had to uncover one detail at a time (like
> you are doing).
>
> Here is our rc.conf in /tmp/conf/default/etc/
>

> # -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Wed Mar  6 00:34:08 2002
> # Created: Wed Mar  6 00:34:08 2002
> # Enable network daemons for user convenience.
> # Please make all changes to this file, not to /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
> # This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
> hostname="somebox.someplace.net"
> #ifconfig_fxp0="inet 10.50.0.71  netmask 255.255.255.0"
> kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
> nfs_reserved_port_only="YES"
> sendmail_enable="NO"
> sshd_enable="YES"
> usbd_enable="NO"
> inetd_enable="NO"
> syslogd_flags="-ss"              # Flags to syslogd (if enabled).
> swapfile="/swap/fwbuild.swap"
> local_startup=""
>
> --Wes

Thanks Wes.  My rc.conf is not too different from yours.    I do have
ssh disabled, at least until I get this working and I don't have
local_startup.  I'll give that a try though.  I'll probably be
re-reading the documentation tonight to see if I've missed anything and
take another stab at it tomorrow.  Too bad there isn't anything (that I
know of) to allow stepping through the boot process.

Thanks again for all the help.

do