Newbie - calcru message questions-problem

Kenton Brede kbrede at nixnotes.org
Tue Oct 14 13:26:53 PDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:03:48PM -0400, Peter J. Mignone wrote:
> Hi:
> I just complete my first installation of FreeBSD 5.1 and I keep getting
> messages scrolling on the screen which say calcru: negative time of -671171
> usec for pid 10304 - message varies by pid.
> Obviously I have a problem but is it hardware, setup ot hacked.  I am
> clueless, please help

I did a quick search for "calcru: negative time" in google and came up
with the following link -

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#CALCRU-NEGATIVE

See if that helps you.  I have no personal experience with this problem.
Kent

--
"I am always doing that which I can not do,
   in order that I may learn how to do it." --Pablo Picasso