Backup Solutions

Scott Hiemstra scott at hiemstra.us
Tue Oct 14 10:17:40 PDT 2003

Just so the original question does get answered, I have successfully used
Backup Exec to backup FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris boxes with no real pain to
mention.  Veritas attempts to hide the fact they have agents for UNIX within
backup exec but they are present, you just have to do a little digging on
the Veritas web site.  The only catches to the entire setup if you wish to
use BackupExec is that the backup server must be a windows machine and for
backing up FreeBSD machines you must use compat linux.

Just my past findings,
Scott