Windows Media (blech!)

Danny Woods dannywoodz at SPAM.yahoo.KILLER.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 01:22:57 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:24:09PM -0400, Todd Stephens wrote:
> On Monday 13 October 2003 09:52 pm, Evan Dower wrote:
> >  Is there a way to watch Windows Media files on FreeBSD? I noticed
> > NetShow, but it seems to be defunct/missing.
> >  Many thanks,
>
> haven't had much luck playing anything other than mpeg with Mplayer.  YMMV.

I've had great success with MPlayer with up-to-date Windows Media files:
same goes for Quicktime's Sorenson 3 codec. Unfortunately, compiling MPlayer
is a bit of a pain, as the Windows codecs are pulled in from elsewhere.

Best place to look for details on this would be the MPlayer homepage:

  http://www.mplayerhq.hu

Regards,

Danny.