*Editing* PDFs?

James Leone linuxcpa at netscape.net
Mon Oct 13 12:03:54 PDT 2003

micheas at freep.org wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 09:59, Bill Campbell wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Oct 13, 2003, Alexander Farber wrote:
>>

>>>I've read some where that the new OpenOffice is capable of pdf-output
>>>

>>There's an article in this month's Linux Journal on Scribus saying that it
>>has very good PDF capabilities.  The article said that Scribus is available
>>on a number of *ix platforms, and I think FreeBSD was on the list.

The only way I have been able to edit existing PDF's is by installing
Adobe Acrobat 5.0 in Linux by using Codeweaver's Cross Over Office,
which is available at www.codeweavers.com.

I have been able to combine PDF's and create PDF's out of anything
printable just by using some basic Unix utilities.  I can go into detail
if someone likes.

James Leone