Problem with adding more swap !

Sunil Sunder Raj unixtools at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:09:11 PDT 2003

Hi,

Create a swap file system on a partition where you have excess space.

   dd if=/dev/zero of=/usr/swap0 count=128 bs=1m
   chmod 600 /usr/swap0
   mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /usr/swap0 -u 3
   swapon /dev/md3

You can check the output of swapinfo to confirm. You will have to load the
swap file system at system startup also.

Regards
SSR